Advertisement

News Update :
Home » , , , , , , , , » WHILE YOU'RE WAITING...

WHILE YOU'RE WAITING...

Penulis : Unknown on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 | 5:18 PM



That still small voice kept ringing in my head, "just wait"... Not yet dear; just at the right time. I never questioned "when" but I just knew I was on the right path. Some people say you should follow your heart, but I think you should follow your inner man (your spirit), it leads your heart to the right place. 

I walked into the Baker Street underground station after lectures during my masters program, the train arrived in 3 minutes. It was a Jubilee line to Stratford so I sat down waiting patiently for the final stop at Stratford as I couldn't wait to get home and entertain my rumbling stomach. Guess what, it seemed like the longest journey ever, I yawned and hissed at every stop; it looked like Stratford was outside London. I even considered switching to Central line cos it was faster but that will make my journey longer than it should have been. I looked around to see if I was the only one wishing the train could develop wings and fly, but I was mistaken. People had novels to read, magazines, bible (I was actually impressed with the Chinese guy, surprised?) etc. I figured it out, while I waited for the journey to come to an end, I needed to keep myself busy, I needed something else to focus on so that I won't get impatient. The next day, I took one of my favourite books "Maximising Your Potentials" by Myles Munroe and my highlighting pen. As soon as I got into the train, I started reading with rapt attention, highlighting key points and quotations; I was interrupted by  a lady who tapped me to say we had gotten to the last train stop...oops. How time flies right?

We have all been in situations where we had to wait, for time bus, train and...a life partner. The most common question is when will he/she come? JAMB question...hehehe. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says "He hath made all things beautiful in His time". Now you're asking when is this time? In the course of time I have seen that after a break-up from a relationship, most people rush into another relationship to heal the existing wounds. Some others allow the hurt to become a part of them which makes them bitter towards everything and everyone around them. You ask when is God's time whereas you cannot even learn to wait on Him for the right time and right one. 

In the process of waiting, being idle will increase your impatience and make you consider taking a shorter route to your destination instead of waiting for God's perfect will. So what do you do while you wait for him/her? This is your route to self discovery, a time to discover who you really are, a time to develop yourself, a time to equip your mind, body & soul in preparation for the task ahead. This is a time to spend in prayers, a time to ask yourself what you really want in life, where you're going and how you want to get there. A time to set goals for your life, make plans to succeed, a time to serve God with the days of your youth (Ecclesisates 12:1), a time to improve on your personality, a time to unleash the potentials inside you. A time of solitude is not for you to cry over a guy/girl who walked away. NO, a thousand times NO. Yeah, you may feel sad that he/she walked away but do not dwell on it for too long. Some people come into your life for a purpose, some for a season and some for a life time; it's just how God made it to be. The one who will stay for a lifetime will never leave no matter how hard you push him. The truth is God knows the end from the beginning, He knows how your story will end, He knows when, where and what time yours will be. Jeremiah 29:11 says " For I know the plans I have towards you, plans of good and not of evil to give you an expected end"  and then Proverbs 23:18 goes on to say "For surely there's an end and the expectations of the righteous will not be cut off". You see, He knows you're expecting an end to all of this, he also has a plan for you and it will come to pass but you have to wait. So while you wait for him/her, just UNLEASH. There are treasures deposited inside you that the world needs to see/hear/feel. The truth is he may not find you if you're not busy doing something. Remember Ruth was busy in the fields when Boaz saw her for the first time (Study the book of Ruth). Sis, get busy with your life, find something you enjoy doing and take your mind off the wait. Focus your gaze on God and pray for this man/woman you've been waiting for; while you pray for him wicked and unreasonable men(male/female) will be taken off your path. The eyes of your understanding will be enlightened to differentiate the gardener from the hunter or scavenger. So sweetie, WAIT, GET BUSY. WORSHIP, SERVE, BUILD, DEVELOP AND PRAY....before you realize it, you'll get that prompting in your spirit saying "the time is now". God's appointed time.

I'm speaking from experience-I was broken but in my solitude I stayed with the Lord, discovered a lot about myself, grew physically, emotionally, spiritually; improved academically, spiritually; developed all round, worshipped, served & still serving God; making impact, became stronger than I ever thought I could be without taking note of the time and .... I'll share the full story one day.

To understand the gardener, the hunter and the scavenger, read my article "In Love With The Gardener" HERE

I was going to post this article specifically for those waiting on God for marriage but God wants to speak to someone who may have been waiting on Him for something, a child, a job, love, healing etc. I don't know how long it has taken but God is making a way for you, Just Wait. Please and please, Please again open this video below by Juanita Bynum. You'll be encouraged and strengthened in your spirit. Shut the devil up cos delay is not denial. 



XX
Lynn

Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger