Advertisement

News Update :
Home » , , , , » GUEST POST: LIFE IS NOT A COMPETITION

GUEST POST: LIFE IS NOT A COMPETITION

Penulis : Unknown on Friday, August 17, 2012 | 12:28 PM

I was jogging one day and I noticed a person in front of me, about 1/4 of mile. I could tell he was running a little slower than me and I thought, good, I shall try to catch him. I had about a mile to go my path before I needed to turn off. so I started running faster and faster. Every block, I was gaining on him just a little bit. After just a few minutes I was only about 100 yards behind him, so I really picked up the pace and push myself. You would have thought I was running in the last leg of London Olympic competition. I was determined to catch him.
Finally, I did it! I caught and passed him by. On the inside I felt so good. "I beat him" of course, he didn't even know we were racing. After I passed him, I realized I had been so focused on competing against him that I had missed my turn. I had gone nearly six blocks past it. I had to turn around and go all back.
Isn't that what happens in life when we focus on competing with co-workers, neighbours, friends, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important?
We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to our God given destinies. The problem with unhealthy competition is that it’s a never ending cycle. There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with better job, nicer car, more money in the bank. I can be the best that I can be, I am not competing with no one. Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention to what others are doing, where they are going, what they are wearing and driving. Take what God has given you, the height, the weight, the personality, dress well and wear it proudly. May God in His awesomeness bless you all with Wisdom to see His plans for you.

Guest post by:Barr. Franca John
MY VIEWS (Lynn)
We should understand that there are different phases in life. When a child is born, the child first crawls, then tries to stand. In that stage, he/she will need support by holding onto things; finally the child gets to walk alone and finally starts to run. Such is life.  

There is a stage where you are still growing and God will give you what you need/require to be the best in that stage. When you move to the next level, He also equips you for that stage while gradually leading you to your purpose through the path that He has destined for you.
When you see someone else who is in his/her walking stage while you are still crawling (I don't mean crawl literally) you find yourself trying to compete with that person; thus veering off the path God has placed you in. While you're busy focusing your attention on trying to walk, you may break a leg because your bones aren't strong enough to support such stress on it. So instead of competing with others, choose to out-do your past, compete with your greatest achievements and desire to do more. That person's path of life may be different from yours; you may not even be well equipped to face the challenges on that route. You'll end up stressing yourself and find out that you have missed your turn. Trust God and His plans, take one step at a time; focus on where He is taking you to and walk with Him all the way.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lynn
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger