Advertisement

News Update :
Home » , , , , , » AFTER ALL HE'S DONE FOR YOU....Guest Post by Belle

AFTER ALL HE'S DONE FOR YOU....Guest Post by Belle

Penulis : Unknown on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 | 7:32 AM

While reading one of Joel Osteen’s Today's Word, I saw something that struck my inner chord. He said that in life we need both the negative and positive sides of life to experience the total experience of a beautiful life. I guess the beauty of it is that to appreciate the sweet things, we sometimes go through some bitter parts too and believe me those periods are not so sweet. So lately, it looks like I’ve been experiencing that bitter part and I don’t know if it happens to you but I got to the point where I was choked up. I received a shocking news and it stretched me beyond my elastic limit; I was so down and didn’t know what to do, I was about to start complaining and asking God why when I remembered that I received a mail from a friend titled – BE ENCOURAGED. I quickly opened the mail and there it was…my aphrodisiac. It felt like someone just massaged the pains away and there was this relief in my spirit after I read it; so I decided to share with you. One thing I know is that God is never too late or too early but always at the right time; He always shows up when you least expect and no matter what you’re going through…remember all the good things He has done and be encouraged cos that same God will do it again this time. He’s the same yesterday, today and FOREVER. I’ll share some verses with you, they give me hope in hopeless situations and strengthens my faith in God.

Habbakuk 2:3 (AMP) “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come”.

Genesis 28:15 (AMP) “ And behold, I am with thee and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of”.

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV) “For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you an expected end”.

READ BELLE'S ARTICLE
It's a new day and it's got blue skies, fresh air and plenty of sun to warm up our bodies and tan our skin (free tan). I was reading Cindy Trimm's 'Commanding Your Morning' and i came across this passage that struck me like a lightning bolt. So, as usual, I thought to share. I hope it strikes you as hard as it struck me.

Numbers 14:1-11
Most of us know the story of the people of Israel; their sojourn in Egypt, the wilderness and their almost entry into their promised land. But can we remember their continuous complaint to God? Hmmmm....let's read few verses to jog our memories.

Verse 2 "...If only we had died in Egypt or even in the wilderness!..."

Verse 3 "...why is the lord taking us to this country only to have us die...wouldn't it be better to return to Egypt?"

Translate these complaints to your present situation and you may hear yourself say to God '...why Lord? Why can't you meet my needs? Why have you brought me here to die? Why is my career on hold? Why isn't there a breakthrough? What have I done wrong? (more like, what aren't you doing right lord?).

Hear God's response in verse 11 "And the lord said to Moses, how long will these people treat me with contempt? Will they never believe me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done among them?"

God wasn't angry at their unbelief or rage. He was hurt. There's a huge difference between Anger and Pain. He felt pain "...after all the miraculous sings: manna straight from heaven, water from the rock, his presence as a pillar of cloud hovering over them as protection, his presence as pillar of cloud by day and pillar of fire by night, and of course, parting the red sea for them to walk on dry land and drowning their enemies behind them". After all these, they still treated God with contempt. I read that verse and I remember times when I doubted in fear and he said to me 'Bel, haven't I always been there for you? Why don't you trust me?'

Psalms 27:10 "Even if my father and mother forsake me, then will the lord take care of me". That was David speaking. But he spoke on my behalf. Even when my parents forsook me (in death) God fed me, clothed me, saw me through to the end of my studies, gave me a place to stay without paying a dime, gave me an awesome job, brought me to the UK where I knew no one, took care of my visa and tuition fee, saw me through my Master degree, gave me a Distinction in my Thesis and an overall Merit, brought me to Hillsong  Church , brought me to Connect Group and blessed me with his son. Yet I treat God with contempt. After all he's done for me.

How have you treated God after all he's done for you?


It's so easy to forget how far he's brought us when we are faced with a seemingly difficult situation in our season of wilderness, which is only for a short while.

Just like these Israelites, we know there's a promised land filled with abundant milk and honey. But for fear and lack of trust in God, they compared themselves to grasshoppers who could not possess the land. 

Verse 9 "...they are only helpless prey to us. They have no protection, but the lord is with us..."
Even with Joshua and Caleb's encouragement, they still complained and threatened to stone them. How silly and ungrateful they sounded right? But check the times you complained to God.  You might have sounded just the way they did.

If only they remembered how he delivered them from the Egyptians. If he could do that, surely he will bring them into Canaan. If only we can look back to the times God had our back. If only!!

The job situation, the career stall, accommodation issues, the health issues, family troubles and the rest are helpless prey to us because God is with us and he is able to bring us to our promised land. Hebrews 10:23 "...he who promised is able".

There's no mountain too high for God. There's no drowning situation he can't bring you out from. Look back and say, if he could do that for me surely he will do this.

:)
XOXO
Belle
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger